TOKYO - The Chinese Embassy in Tokyo said Thursday that it received two separate terrorist threats last month from individuals purporting to be affiliated with Japan's Self-Defense Forces.
A threatening letter from a group claiming to be an "elite unit" made up of former police and SDF officers was received on March 5, while a bomb threat from an individual alleging affiliation with the SDF was received via social media on March 31, the embassy said at a press conference.
Log in or create a Free Membership
Account
Log in
or
Create accountFree Membership Provides
Newsletter from Editorial Team and access to archive articles from past three months.
By continuing, you agree to the Terms of Use,
and Privacy Policy.
Related coverage: